Michener Hill Village - Quick Facts
- Michener Hill Village will open in September 2010, provide 280 affordable continuing care spaces, include suites that will keep spouses and partners together.
- The new facility will help address the community's growing and changing needs for seniors care and housing services.
- The opening of Michener Hill Village will immediately increase the continuing care capacity in Red Deer by 65 spaces.
- The close to 730 new continuing care spaces in Red Deer and Central Alberta are part of the province's commitment to address these needs and to provide more affordable seniors accommodations.
- The Red Deer Nursing Home and Valley Park Manor are aging facilities that need to be replaced.
- Alberta Health Services will look at each building (Valley Park Manor & Red Deer Nursing Home) once residents move to Extendicare Michener Hill Village this fall to determine if they can be repurposed. At this point Alberta Health Services has not made a decision.
- Michener Hill Village will provide a more spacious facility staffed by a team of nurses and other health-care professionals, for the same private room accommodation rate as Valley Park Manor and Red Deer Nursing Home.
- Over the next three years, more than 3,000 new continuing care spaces will be added.
- Our Government is committed to ensuring our continuing care system meets the needs of Albertans.
Back to video, audio and photos from Minister Jablonski's visit to Michener Hill Village